Summer School in Finland (29 July – 23 August, 2019)
Let’s enjoy and learn!
Three vivid northern towns (Kajaani, Kemi and Rovaniemi), beautiful nature, and modern mines wait for you in Finland in summer 2019. Did you know that Finland is one of the fastest growing mining regions in the world? Read more about Finnish mining industry.
Programme in Kajaani University of Applied Sciences (KAMK) and Lapland University of Applied Sciences:
- orientation work before the intensive period in Finland (3 ECTS)
- four week camp in Finland including expert lectures, workshops, laboratory work, field trips and social programme (10 ECTS)
- final report and feedback (2 ECTS)
Our topic in summer 2019: Intelligent Mine Technology
Virtuality and reality in mining operations
• Overview on mining industry in Finland
• Modern mining automation
• Virtualization of mining education
• Fieldtrip in Terrafame Ni-Zn-Cu-open pit mine (www.terrafame.com)
• Participation in KAMK’s joint r&d -projects with industry
Work Safety and Environmental Safety in Mining
• Mine safety protocols in Finnish mining industry
• Finnish geological properties and the most important minerals in Finland
• Environmental effects in metal ore mining
• Fieldtrip in Gold Prospecting site in Lemmenjoki River
• Participation in Lapland University of Applied Sciences joint r&d -projects with industry
• Closing seminar with certificate award ceremony
How to Apply
The application period is now open, please complete the online registration form no later than 31 March, 2019. The applicants should have completed some basic studies in the field of mining before joining the summer school.
Venues, accommodation, costs
There will be student accommodation provided during the intensive period in the cities of Kajaani, Kemi and Rovaniemi in Finland. The Open path fee for summer school is 225 € (the service package is not included).
The service package includes accommodation, student lunches at KAMK and Lapland University of Applied Sciences campuses (transportation provided between campuses) during the school days and a social programme. Please ask more about the service package from Risto Oikari, firstname.lastname@example.org
More information related to the summer school will be provided by the end of January.
Risto Oikari, PhD (Tech), eMBA, Principal Lecturer, email@example.com
Kajaani University of Applied Sciences
Jaana Tolonen, coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 44 715 7077
Tiina Silvennoinen, training assistant tiina.silvennoinen@aikopa,fi + 358 44 710 1124
Office: AIKOPA, Ketunpolku 1, Building Tieto 1, 2 floor